Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Finally, An Update

Semper Update:

Some folks have asked about me and where "things with Semper lie". Well, it is pretty clear I'm staying with MyJerri, MyBoy, and MyGirl.

I am now about 7 months old and around 40-ish pounds. That sweater you see on that tiny puppy in the main picture might fit my head. They know my mom was Lab/Hound, but no clue what the other gene donor was, but they seem to think my beautiful ace says there is some Pit in there, but my body is long and lanky, so Hound? Something else? Does it matter? No.
I have won them over with my charm, my expressive face, and my incredible ability to know the exact place to link them that makes them jump, like ankles, toes, and back of the knee. It takes someone who loves deeply to be that observant, and they appreciate that about me. I also help clean house. My tail is the perfect height and length to totally wipe of the coffee table (full cups of coffee included). I also help recycle paper, and I have only used MyJerri's reading glasses to check the paper before I ate--I mean recycled it--once.

For the last three months I have spent a lot of time with MyJerri on the couch because that is just where she has been (virus turned bronchitis turned pneumonia--just ugh), and I am not leaving my wingman. But yesterday we went for a walk, and she gave me lots of treats and told me I was good. We also met some neighbors up the street, and they petted me. Mr. Tim was in the USMC, and they scratched my head when they heard I am Always Faithful.

Gotta run. Literally. MyJerri wants to go for a walk, and I need to be there to meet and love the other peo--I mean protect her from the other people on the road. You know, I distract them by letting them pet me and tell me what a great dog I am while she can get away...or something like that. That is what we will go with for now.

I hope you are all well, and I will update you again soon. Until then...

Puppy love,
Semper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing a comment from you makes me wag my tail! Remember, I am a puppy and just now figuring out this computer keyboard, so it may take me some time, but I will get back to you!