Friday, May 26, 2017

Getting Warmer

Usually MyJerri and I go for a walk in the mornings around 9:00 or 9:30. We used to walk in the afternoons, but mornings seem to be more the thing lately. This morning was different, though. Notice those long shadows beside us? That is because around 8:00, MyJerri put her books down, turned off the coffee maker, WITH COFFEE STILL IN IT, and we hit the road.

Why?

Because of these beautiful things.

Here in North Texas the temperatures are going up, which means walking surfaces are getting hotter, and hot cement and asphalt can burn my feet, so MyJerri is taking care of me and making sure my paws avoid the hot stuff.

Along with making sure we walk at cooler times, My Jerri is now wearing a booty bag (some folks call it a fanny pack from what I hear. In it, she carries a bowl and two bottles of water. Some days I don't need it at all, but some days it is really hot or the air is full of moisture, and days like that are really hard. On those days, we stop regularly, and I got to drink a lot.

Also, I've noticed on the hotter days or more humid days, we go to the park more, which I like because there is more shade than just walking around the neighborhood and the cement doesn't get as hot.

Why does MyJerri go through the extra effort? I'm not sure, but I like it so much I am going to add some air holes to her tennis shoes so they are cooler for her too. I think she'll like that.

Puppy love!
Semper




No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing a comment from you makes me wag my tail! Remember, I am a puppy and just now figuring out this computer keyboard, so it may take me some time, but I will get back to you!